Develop the digital skills employers are looking for in the 2020s
In this important course organized by Coventry University and Coursera from Yerevan Haybusak University participated student of the faculty of Economics Lilit Chraghyan.
In this rapidly changing world, it’s important that you’re confident about working online and embracing technology in your professional life.
Oն this course, participants assessed their strengths and weaknesses and explored the skills they need to build to progress in work or to seek a new job in the 2020s.
How to set goals for professional development
Speakers introduced digital tools and analytical frameworks that will help to set goals for your future career and identify the skills a specialist will need to get there.
Alongside expert progression coaches and student experience officers, participants accumulated valuable knowledge around how to use technology in order to trigger professional skills, how to write a CV and covering letter, as well as digital tricks and tips which will help to find a specialist’s purpose and identify what employers want.
During the workshop participants learned how to
- Identify their skills, strengths and areas for development
- Discover what motivates them at work
- Investigate what employers want
- Identify their personal objectives for career development
- Improve communications skills
- Practice presenting online and write covering letters
- Harness the power of teamwork for problem-solving
- Develop professional online presence
- Investigate the benefits of a social media network
- Create an online CV that they can use for life
- Explore how to research different organizations and their job roles online
By the end of the course, participants were able to
- Discuss key characteristics and requirements of the 2020s workplace, including how digital technology is changing practices at work and in education/training
- Summarize their work skills and strengths, identify areas that need development, and plan how to address these in order to achieve their career goals
- Explore how digital communications are designed, e.g. for particular audiences, purposes and effects
- Interpret and respect the different norms of communicating in different spaces, e.g. professional, social, personal
- Describe the features of an effective presentation and use this knowledge to design and develop their own presentations
- Identify key factors that are associated with motivation and engagement at work
- Demonstrate that they can use the internet to find information and resources to help you make decisions and solve problems based on digital evidence
- Collaborate actively in discussion forums: post reviews, comments, ‘likes’ etc
- Identify, choose and use digital learning resources and tools
- Explore techniques to manage their emotions by strengthening their emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Assess the term resilience, recognize the skills they can practice to increase their resilience and identify strategies that allow them to adapt to challenging situations